About Fortrez Diamonds & Jewellery
Hello, from Antwerp, the world capital of diamonds!
Please allow us to introduce ourselves. Our diamond buyer and CEO is Rob van Beurden, a Diamond Bourse member with over 25 years experience of diamond trading.
Rob handpicks the best cut diamonds including super ideal Crafted By Infinity diamonds.
Crafted By Infinity are “super-ideal" diamonds cut precisely to the bullseye of diamond beauty with consistency unmatched anywhere in the world.
This is demonstrated by providing strict and abundant scientific and photographic proof of performance for each diamond including:
We have a skilled in-house team of designers who can create any style of jewellery.
We have offices in Antwerp and London. Clients get the same trade price excluding VAT whether they buy from us in Antwerp or in London. For EU residents, the rate of VAT is lower in London than in Antwerp.
We do not have “sales” staff but we have diamond professionals such as Dr Indira Marchant who looks after our UK operations.
We offer you:
- The top 1% of all diamond cut quality to give the most sparkly diamonds possible
- Classic and custom-made designs at the cost of labour and materials
- Free aftercare including re-sizing and servicing
- Lifetime trade up guarantee.
Our obsession is providing the most precisely cut optimum sparkle diamonds where each one is a work of art as well as of nature.
A conversation with Rob van Beurden, CEO of the Fortrez website.
- Rob, as the diamond expert of the business, could you tell me why Fortrez is a name I should trust in the diamond industry?
Rob: Good question, and the answer involves our head-quarters here in Antwerp as a member of Antwerp’s Diamond District, the professional organizations we belong to and do business with, and our service. Where would you like to start?
- I’d like to start with where you are located. What does being in Antwerp, Belgium, have to do with trust in the diamond industry?
Rob: Antwerp is the Diamond Trade Capital of the World, representing 60% of the world’s diamond market. Many diamond deals are closed on a handshake, so if you aren’t a trustworthy member of the diamond community, you aren’t a member of the diamond community—period. I have become an accepted and trusted partner in the Antwerp diamond community. I have been a member in good standing of the Antwerp Diamond Bourse since 1993,. All our diamonds on 0.5 carat or above come with an independent certificate e.g. AGS for all our Crafted By Infinity diamonds.
- That’s good - the diamonds I buy from Fortrez come with a certificate of quality from the most respected diamond organizations in the world. But how do I start - how do I know what kind of diamonds or jewelry to buy?
Rob: That’s where our service comes in. We are not a hard-sales organization. We believe that the best customer is an informed customer, and our diamond and jewelry experts are available by phone, chat or e-mail for any questions you may have about diamonds or jewelry.
- What if I walk down the street, say to a Tiffany’s, and find the same quality diamond at a lesser price?
Rob: I’d say buy it! But chances are that won’t happen. As you might expect with all the competition, Antwerp-sourced diamonds are 30% to 50% less expensive than those you’d find at your local jewelry shops.
- Are diamonds really a good investment?
Rob: If you get your money’s worth from them, they are. By that I mean: if you buy classical, timeless jewelry for example simple diamond solitaire rings, earrings and pendants, , you can wear your jewelry for the next 50 years, and even leave it to your loved ones, for them to enjoy in future years. But if you throw your jewelry in a box at the back of the closet because it’s hopelessly out of fashion, it’s not a good investment at all.
- OK, so you’ve given me good advice and I’ve picked out the diamonds or jewelry that meet my expectations and my budget. How do I know my on-line transaction will be secure - that you’ll get my money and I’ll get my diamond?
Rob: Yes, on-line purchasing involves a leap of faith sometimes. But let me assure you that our financial and service record at Fortrez is impeccable. Our banking partner is the Antwerp Diamond Bank,.” FORTREZ also provides escrow services for maximum security protection on higher purchase amounts. For those within easy reach of Antwerp or London, we can offer you the advantage of choosing and paying for your diamond in person. Antwerp and London are both romantic cities in which to give your partner their perfect diamond.
- How do I physically receive my diamonds or jewelry?
Rob: You’ll receive your diamonds or jewelry fully insured via Federal Express, UPS or TPG Post delivery service, and shipping and insurance is free within the EU. Shipments to the USA are provided for a fixed amount of € 55 Euros.
- What if my purchase arrives and I don’t like it after all?
Rob: Well, with our diamond and jewelry advisors, on-line catalog, and shopping demonstration, we hope that won’t happen! But if it does, and you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, Fortrez provides a 7-day, money back guarantee - that’s an EU law, too.
Rob: Remember, if you have any questions whatsoever about diamonds, don’t hesitate to call or e-mail us. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: a well-informed customer is the best customer, even if you end up buying your diamonds and jewelry from someone else. We at Fortrez enjoy a high level of trust and acceptance within the diamond industry and we want that same level of trust with you. We also want to make it easy and safe for you to do business with us, and what easier way than to shop on-line through a secure transaction service? We look forward to hearing from you soon.